Police brutality, protests, and vigilantes–to what end?Posted: August 29, 2020
Another instance of police violence against an unarmed black man in Kenosha leads to the paralyzation of Jacob Blake. Protests turn to riots and downtown Kenosha burns, bringing guns and militia the next night. Unrest turns ugly as a 17-year-old vigilante kills 2 and injures a third. Where do we draw the line between protesting and rioting? How do we repair the relationship between police and the black community? Does any of the violence bring us any closer to justice or change?
- Image by _freakwave_ from Pixabay
- Jacob Blake Shot by Cop in Kenosha
- Two Officers Used Tasers Before Shots Fired
- Jacob Blake Did Not Brandish Knife, Gun in Kenosha Shooting
- Jacob Blake's Shooting Deepens Longstanding Resentments
- Kyle Rittenhouse Facing Charges of Murder
- Jacob Blake and Kyle Rittenhouse: Should Police Have Used Different Tactics?
Categorized in: The Proversation